YIPPON

To finish off this blogging experience, we end on a significant event. The day I lost my Yippon virginity. 

This may be surprising to many that I hadn't ever actually eaten at Yippon during my time at Strath since it's pretty much on campus and in my first year I lived only minutes away. However, truth is I don't really care too much for Chinese-style food. Dun dun duhhh. I know I know, a very unpopular opinion... but that's the tea.

Anyways, you can all thank Lauren, and her inability to understand this (literally calling absurd), for months of insistently demanding I go. I'm not entirely sure what came over me, but this week I finally agreed.

Firstly, can we just speak about the aesthetic. As a mild neat freak, the interior is very pleasing ngl. Everything is just so clean and tidy, as well as being nicely decorated in a minimalist way.




Now the food...

Lauren had previously declared their salt and chilli chips "unparalleled to anything else I've ever had". So as you can imagine, expectations were high. Ofc she ordered the chips  alongside some salt and chilli chicken. Basically ordering just a big bowl of salt and chilli beigeness. Myself, I had their salt and chilli tofu with veg noodles. 



In not had had a Chinese in about 4 years, I'll admit it was pretty good. The food isn't really like having that of a Chinese takeaway from your local. It defo isn't half as oily and you can taste that it's all made fresh daily. And very unlike a typical takeaway, it's all good value for money.


Still hungry I could have eaten my whole bowl again. But instead, I decided to order their much-loved salt and chilli chips. The portion I got was HUGE... and only £3.


Yes, I did eat too much, and yes I did have to lie down later not feeling my best. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Nevertheless, much to Lauren's delight, I will say that if ever am craving a Chinese and/or chips, then this place will be my go-to.



Now click this link and I'll hand you over to my caffeine-fuelled drinks correspondent, Lauren: https://thegoodthebadandthelatte.blogspot.com/2019/11/yippon.html


That's all folks, and thanks for following my food adventures around Glasgow! Now it's time to actually write a report, yay.


Bye :)


Comments

Popular Posts